Search results

1. S

Summer Holiday Ideas: Gardening

We here at The send a cow charity (www.sendacow.org.uk) were silver medalists at the Gardner's world live 2009 and we just thought we would share with you all some tips from our medal winning garden which showcased agricultural techniques that farmers are using every day in Africa but which UK...
  2. S

Music, readings, prayers....

As a Christian charity, we have created a worship resources document http://www.sendacow.org.uk/churches - We’ve included prayers, hymns, readings and suggestions for children’s activities that you can adapt to suit your church. I hope you like it :) xxx P.s - sorry if this is the wrong place...
  3. S

Gardeners world!

There's some pictures from the event here - would love to hear what people think :-) x
  4. S

Gardeners world!

We won the silver award and were on BBC 2 on Friday night! :-) - Very exciting !
  5. S

Build an African Farmyard

Hey everyone, I thought this would be a good place to mention the "Build an African Farmyard" - http://www.sendacow.org.uk/africanfarmyard - If anybody thinks their children's school or maybe church etc may be interested?! Taking part in this project will enable your church/school to carry out...
  6. S

Hi all from send a cow!

Thank you so much for the feedback and warm welcome Toneboy. It's fantastic to hear that people understand the whole point of Send a Cow, looks like we are getting the message accross!Yes we do send cows but they are bought in Africa and the focus is more on sustainable farming and teaching...
  7. S

Gardeners world!

I thought i would ask to see if anyone was heading to the NEC in Birmingham for Gardeners' World Live 2009 this year? It's on the 10th-14th June :-) Send a cow is going to be there with a garden and Ugandan farmer showing how to farm the African way :-) x
  8. S

Hi all from send a cow!

As i have said a fair bit about the Send a cow Charity, I though I would share a bit more about myself too. :-) I am very passionate about all things fair trade and ethically sourced foods. I think this is one of the most important moral issues around today, as sustainable farming can help us...
  9. S

Hi all from send a cow!

Hello everybody! I'm Jess (from Send A Cow) and wanted to take the chance to introduce myself here on this wonderful forum Send A Cow is a christian charity based in Bath, United Kingdom and we run sustainable agricultural programmes in nine countries in Africa to help small-scale farmers...