Search results

1. Toneboy

Coronavirus period - live online services

While most may be aware, not everyone will be aware that there are services available online, either on Sundays, or throughout the week. If you have a live service feel free to add your links below.
  2. Toneboy

Coronavirus period - online events

Thought it would probably be worthwhile to start a thread of events which are taking place online. There are plenty of them!
  3. Toneboy

Coronavirus Outbreak discussion

We're still well in the midst of this. Churches in the UK remain closed. There are lots of other significant questions regarding this, and this is the thread to discuss them in.
  4. Toneboy

Six Weeks to Save the World

Bookmarking this for myself really, is on iPlayer (for anyone in the UK) for about another three weeks or so. Show details: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b3jprq/six-weeks-to-save-the-world
  5. Toneboy

Savedbygrace.org.uk and GDPR

This thread exists for any GDPR questions that users may have. Additionally, should you wish to ask a question privately please feel free to contact me via a Private Message.
  6. Toneboy

Xenforo version 2

We've just upgraded to Xenforo version 2. Please help us out by pointing out any bugs, thanks. :)
  7. Toneboy

The Bible in Britain

Interesting, if nothing else: http://www.bbc.co.uk/timelines/zxjwmnb#z3gr82p
  8. Toneboy

Christians in UK/US politics

From the BBC. Take with a massive pinch of salt: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27112774
  9. Toneboy

Persecution in North Korea

Horrible reports coming out of there. http://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2014/03/article_3048550.html/ I suspect however that the Church there may be stronger and have a greater witness than the Church in the West.
  10. Toneboy

Approaching the throne of grace with confidence

Let's start this question with a scripture: So my question would be, how do you approach the throne of grace with confidence (or to use a word common in other translations, boldness) if you're not feeling particularly confident? I think we all have times when you feel that prayers aren't going...
  11. Toneboy

Host move - 7th December 2013

Hi everyone, just a bit of advance notice, but we'll be moving hosts this Saturday, probably at approximately 19:00 GMT. Hopefully we won't have too long an outage, but please be patient during this time.
  12. Toneboy

Why I Said No To The NFL

Thought this was very interesting. I suspect a lot of people don't have the opportunity to become a full-time sportsman, so to then give that opportunity up and follow God's will is an interesting story to read. http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/why-i-said-no-to-the-nfl
  13. Toneboy

Theme Ideas

With the Xenforo software we can have a number of different themes for viewing of the site (which, to be fair, we had with vBulletin as well). If you would like to see this site with a different colour scheme please post your ideas here.
  14. Toneboy

We've Moved to Xenforo

Back again, we've now moved to Xenforo forum software. Just while we iron out a few kinks we have disabled new registrations. If you see any glitches please post here. :)
  15. Toneboy

Study/Sermon recommendation thread

Thought this would be a good idea. :) Just listened to this Brian Brodersen study on Romans 15, and the ways and means in which God works. Thought it was really good, just what I needed to hear right now if I'm honest. Seems to end slightly abruptly for some reason, but don't let that put you...
  16. Toneboy

Songs of Praise - ongoing thoughts & opinions

I know when I think of heroes of the faith, I think of Eamonn Holmes. Why isn't he listed in Hebrews 11 again? :rolleyes: Special episode in regard to Belfast and the Titanic, so they roll out "Those In Peril On The Sea". Lazy.
  17. Toneboy

2010 logo vote

Hi everyone. Fiddling around with some new logo options. Please let us know which one you like the best! Option a: Option b: Option c: Many thanks in advance for your votes/comments.
  18. Toneboy

The PS3 Thread

Anyone else with one of these lovely machines? And if so, is anyone really bad at FIFA 09? (Because I'll be a fair match for you. :D)
  19. Toneboy

New Features (January 2009)

In order to improve the user experience here we have implemented a few changes. These are as follows: The end of subscription forums As these didn't seem to be very popular we've put Chit-Chat Illustrated and Ministry Support in the general population of forums. The purposes for those two...
  20. Toneboy

This is Chit-Chat Illustrated

Hi everyone, this is chit-chat illustrated, now released from being a subscription forum and available for the use of all members here. The basic jist of this forum? To allow you to post relevant pictures in relevant threads. Please don't abuse the privilege and post gigantic and...