Does your Church change anything for the summer?

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Was just wondering if your Church changes anything for the summer? Outdoor services, later starts, etc.?

My Church actually don't have Sunday evening services over the course of July and August, and where Communion would take place at night it takes place in the morning instead, but that's about it.

Jazz_UK

PS119:114
Hi - Ours does not change and wonder why some churches do!

A local baptist church stops Sunday School for the 7 weeks of summer holidays so the parents have 2 choices

1) One does not come along to the service and stays at home

2) Come along but take your own child out so you still do not hear the service

Also some churches stop having evening services, does this mean that teaching God's Word is less important during summer? That people don't need to fellowship with other Christians.. how does things become less required due to good (??) weather!

Is it that some churches know that their attendance will be down a bit and therefore cannot be bothered holding a service for the few who will turn out.. did Jesus not say where 2 or 3 are gatherered there am I in the midst of them?

This shows the importance of meeting together no matter how many turn up!

You are more than welcome to our evening service if you want to travel to Stirling on a Sunday night

Jazz

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Must admit I'm not used to it. If anything, I'd guess that the summer is an opportunity to do more things. You haven't got school the next morning to worry about for people with kids, and hopefully you've got better weather to do more with.

The Church I used to go to "dahn Sarf" I think (not 100% sure) have their evening service an hour later in the summer, which my parents and I thought was a really good idea. It suited us at any rate.