Gen 6:15-18 weekly devotion

Genesis 6:15
KJV(i) 15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
WEB(i) 15 This is how you shall make it. The length of the ship will be three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.
These are my thoughts.
We should follow God’s instruction when He gives them to us as Noah did when he built the ark.

Genesis 6:16
KJV(i) 16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
WEB(i) 16 You shall make a roof in the ship, and you shall finish it to a cubit upward. You shall set the door of the ship in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third levels.

These are my thoughts.
Noah did have a roof on the ark but his protection did not come from the roof but came from the Lord, we should also look to Him for our protection as well.

Genesis 6:17
KJV(i) 17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Genesis 6:17
Expanded Bible (EXB)
17 I will bring a flood of water on the earth to destroy all ·living things [L flesh] that live under ·the sky [heaven], including everything that has the breath of life. Everything on the earth will die.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
All flesh will be destroyed; we can either die to the flesh thru Jesus Christ our Lord or be judged by our flesh in a death that sees no end.

Genesis 6:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
Genesis 6:18
Expanded Bible (EXB)
18 But I will ·make [establish] an ·agreement [covenant; treaty] with you—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives will all go into the boat.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
God’s covenant saves us; the greatest covenant does not involve the ark but involves the blood of the Lamb.