Gen 9:3-29 devotions

Genesis 9:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

Genesis 9:22 Expanded Bible (EXB)

22 Ham, the father of Canaan, looked at his naked father and told his[L two] brothers outside [C an act of disrespect; he should have helped his father, as in the next verse].

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
We often times are more prone to mock than to help.

Genesis 9:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

Genesis 9:23 Expanded Bible (EXB)

23 Then Shem and Japheth got a coat and, carrying it on both their shoulders, they walked backwards into the tent and covered [L the nakedness of] their father. They turned their faces away so that they did not see their father’s nakedness[C they acted appropriately according to ancient custom].

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
They covered him but we need Jesus to cover our sins.

Genesis 9:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

Genesis 9:24 Expanded Bible (EXB)

24 Noah ·was sleeping because of the wine. When he woke up[woke up from his wine]and ·learned[L he knew]what his youngest son, Ham, had done to him,

Expanded Bible(EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

We often times get to a point where our mind is clear but it can be kept clear by Christ.

Genesis 9:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Genesis 9:25 Expanded Bible (EXB)

25 he said, “May there be a curse on Canaan[C the ancestor and representative of the inhabitants of Palestine that Israel displaced at the time of the conquest of the Promised Land;Josh. 1–12]!
May he be the lowest ·slave[servant]to his brothers.”

Expanded Bible(EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.

This man made curse fit into God’s plan for Israel to live in the land of Canaan.

Genesis 9:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Genesis 9:26 Expanded Bible (EXB)

26 Noah also said, “May the LORD, the God of Shem, be •praised [blessed]!
May Canaan be Shem’s •slave [servant; L Shem is the ancestor of Israel].

These are my thoughts.
Human blessings are nice but God’s blessings are much more important.

Genesis 9:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Genesis 9:27 Expanded Bible (EXB)

27 May God •give more land to [make space for; C the verb sounds like his name] Japheth.
May Japheth live in Shem’s tents,
and may Canaan be their slave [10:2–4; 1 Chr. 1:5–7].”

These are my thoughts.
By God we find true growth.

Genesis 9:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.

Genesis 9:28 Expanded Bible (EXB)

28 After the flood Noah lived 350 years.

These are my thoughts.

Noah had a long life, what do we do with ours?

Genesis 9:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.

Genesis 9:29 Expanded Bible (EXB)

29 ·He lived a total of[L All the days of Noah were]950 years, and then he died.

These are my thoughts.

Everyone passes away the thing is do we serve God with our life.