Recommend a Child's First Bible

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Having to consider this now. Haven't the first clue what to look for, so thought I would throw it out there and see what kind of response it would get.

Recommendations welcome. :)

lawrensons

CoffE Moderator
Staff member
we've gone through countless first bibles!

The best I thought was "A Child's First Bible" by Kenneth N. Taylor - its big and hardback which means that it won't get bashed around quite so easily. Also the illustrations are excellent.

lawrensons

CoffE Moderator
Staff member
well, it's good to read to them even at a very young age - we read to Millie and she's 14 months now, but we were reading to here before she was 1. It can be different depending on the child, in my expereince it would normally be about 14-18 monts to start to read to them.

To have them start to read for themselves ... 4 or 5 years. Usually later for boys.

jacqueline

hi tony we have had load of first bibles but we really like the beginners bible, Daniel also has all the videos. they are well illustrated and make nice reading.

we also have kids daily devotionals that the boys get. never too young to start.

have you seen the Cd's with the kids names in them they are fab.

simon how many kids do you have now??

jac x

MatijaSever

we've gone through countless first bibles! NBA betting telegram

The best I thought was "A Child's First Bible" by Kenneth N. Taylor - its big and hardback which means that it won't get bashed around quite so easily. Also the illustrations are excellent. https://www.viberate.com/music-analytics/
It sounds like "A Child's First Bible" by Kenneth N. Taylor is a winner! A sturdy hardback with beautiful illustrations is definitely a great choice for young readers. It's wonderful to introduce children to the world of Bible stories with engaging books that capture their imagination and make learning about faith enjoyable. Happy reading and exploring with your little ones!

Last edited:

Davo

My first bible was given to me by my aunt for my 7th birthday. It was a KJV. I still have it but had it rebound in the 1960s. When I got it back it had section in the psalms missing it still has.

I still mostly use the KJV, although our church uses the NKJV.

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
My first bible was given to me by my aunt for my 7th birthday. It was a KJV. I still have it but had it rebound in the 1960s. When I got it back it had section in the psalms missing it still has.

I still mostly use the KJV, although our church uses the NKJV.
Love the care involved with this. :)

Kneel2hymn

Having to consider this now. Haven't the first clue what to look for, so thought I would throw it out there and see what kind of response it would get.

Recommendations welcome. :)
It’s the one you read to them as they are going to sleep, the one that has spoken to you. You are their Beather out of The Word that they here.