Wordpress plug-ins and tips thread

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
I know a few of us here run in it various places, so thought this might be a good place to share hints, tips, plug-ins, themes, etc. :)

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Tip 1 - be a bit careful when upgrading. Can be easy to lose themes and plug-ins unless you've got them backed up.

Jazz_UK

PS119:114
Podcasting

Hi,

Just added Podpress to Source of Hope.

This play mp3 files directly on the page and also helps you set-up your podcast for itunes etc.

The only issue is that unless you set the bit rate that is not a multiple of 11.025 kHz you sound like a chimpmunk (speeded up).

Agape
Stuart

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Just added Podpress to Source of Hope.

This play mp3 files directly on the page and also helps you set-up your podcast for itunes etc.

The only issue is that unless you set the bit rate that is not a multiple of 11.025 kHz you sound like a chimpmunk (speeded up).

Agape
Stuart
Is there no way to download directly from that? I know you can play it from the page, but a download feature would be handy.

Feel free to correct me if I've missed something. :clown:

Jazz_UK

PS119:114
Is there no way to download directly from that? I know you can play it from the page, but a download feature would be handy.

Feel free to correct me if I've missed something. :clown:
You can right click on the verse/title within the post and that should allow you to download the mp3... although I would agree there is no instructions so may not be noticed by most people.

Will be doing some tests to see how additional text works with the podcast/itunes etc.

Stuart

Toneboy

Administrator
Staff member
Note to self: do not try and upgrade when you're tired and aren't reading the instructions properly. :clown:

On a positive side, I love akismet already.